Its good to know who are the richest persons in the world. The top 10 world’s richest person are published by Forbes Magazine 2012.
Top 10 Richest Persons in the World
- Carlos Slim Helu- To have a business that relates to communications, certainly your business will boom like a self made millionaire, Carlos Slim Helu, remains in the throne for three consecutive years because of Telmex and America Movil. He has now a networth of $69 billion.
- William Gates III- Who would not know this lines, “I failed in some subjects in exam, but my friend passed in all. Now he is an engineer in Microsoft and I am the owner of Microsoft.”? This dropout student’s net worth is $61 billion for the year 2012 but still, never forgets to help people in India to exterminate polio and continues to lend a hand by their foundation, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Warrenn Buffett – As the owner of American multinational conglomerate holding company – insurance, utility and energy, manufacturing, service and retailing, and other investments, Buffett’s net worth is $44 billion. A new senate legislation that 30% tax rate should be paid by the wealthiest people than the average people is called the Buffett Rule.
- Bernard Arnault – Luxurious goodies like Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy have always been a trendsetter not just for ladies but for men as well and with that, Arnault’s net worth is $41 billion. Among the first three preceding billionaires that are self made billionaire, Arnault inherited the company and continues to grow outside France.
- Amancio Ortega -Who would ever believe that the son of a railway worker would make a name in the fashion industry? Yes, you got it right! He is the owner of Zara, the number one retailing store for clothing and accessories. This Spanish businessman’s net worth is $37.5 billion.
- Larry Ellison -This 67-year old guy is the owner of Oracle Corporation, the one that specializes in database management systems. By 2007, Oracle had the third largest software revenue after Microsoft and IBM. His net worth is $36 billion.
- Eike Batista – As the Brazil’s richest man yet a dropout student like Gates, he owns the OGX Petroleo e Gas. This 55-year old man’s net worth is $30 billion.
- Stefan Persson -Hennes and Mauritz AB is a Swedish retail clothing company and have over 2,500 stores in 43 countries. Stefan Persson inherited this business that came from his father, Erling. His net worth is $26 billion.
- Lik-Ka shing -The very first Asia’s richest person back in 2007 comes back to the ranking, the chairman of Hutchison Whampoa Limited and Cheung Kong Holdings – the largest operator of container terminals and the world’s largest health and beauty retailer. He know has net worth of $25.5 billion.
- Karl Albrecht -The oldest billionaire in this list, Albrecht get to have an idea to own supermarket because of his mother who owns a small grocery store. After, they decided to get it big but with low prices and later the brothers, Theo and Karl, decided to operate the store separately that leads to have Aldi Sud (south), and Aldi Nord (North). Karl’s net worth is $25.4 billion.