I have been a work-at-home mommy since I got married. In the first quarter of being a mommy managing the budget and household activities at home, I can say that its a big adjustment. Sometimes I found myself with no penny at all left in my pocket.
Even if moms were not regularly working in the office, there are many ways on how you can save money at home. Due to economic reasons, most moms nowadays are also working. But still I have learned that even both parents are working, they are still having financial problems.
So, how can a mommy save money at home? The answer is very simple and it is all about budget.
Here are some tips on how mommy can save money at home:
- Limit the amount of your expenditures based on your family income.
- Always make a list before going to the grocery or wet market.
- When making a grocery list, always start with basic needs or the top necessities.
- Plan your meal budget for the whole week at least a week in advance.
- If you have left over foods like meat, try to re-cook it with vegetables or other food combination for your next meal.
- You can have extra savings if you buy in bulk or wholesale.
- It is better to prepare different meals at home instead of dining out and ordering on food delivery.
- Buy fruits and vegetables that are in season. Prepare meals based on the fruits and vegetables in season.
- Use the natural sun lighting in the morning to conserve energy and lower your electric bill.
- Designate 20% savings from your family monthly income.